Amritsar, February 25:
Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee president Bibi Jagir Kaur has expressed grief over the incident of fire at a Gurdwara Sahib in Barnala district due to a short circuit and appealed to sangat in India and abroad to exercise administrative caution to avoid such incidents.
In a statement issued here on Thursday, SGPC president Bibi Jagir Kaur said, “It is very sad that Guru Granth Sahib was burnt inside the Gurdwara Sahib at Bajwa Patti in Barnala. Gurdwara committees and managers have been repeatedly appealed by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) not to install any kinds of fancy lights or other electronic appliances and to keep the power circuit proper. Besides the pracharaks (preachers) also spread awareness among sangat to be vigilant about the power supply in Gurdwaras. But even so, the occurrence of such unfortunate events is worrisome.”
Bibi Jagir Kaur said that it is the first responsibility of the Gurdwara managements to take care in a very conscious manner to avoid any untoward incident.
She appealed to the managing committees of Gurdwaras and the sangat to exercise caution while inspecting electrical appliances and wiring.
The SGPC president said that no electrical appliances should be allowed to run continuously and the workers should be present inside the Gurdwaras at all times for monitoring.
This website has been developed to provide information to the public for awaring SGPC activities based on the data provided by Sikh Itihas Research Board. Suggestions are welcome with reference to authentic historical resources and requested to mail at email@example.com.